December 30, 2009
by Jim Cullison

I don't want to see another president get in front of a microphone to speak to anybody without a necktie. Period. I am as sick of the open necked shirt on presidents as I am of tattoos on NBA players. A politician who attempts to communicate me without a necktie is unworthy of my respect, much less my vote.

On a related note, why did anybody let Janet Napolitano get on TV in a leather jacket and a turtleneck like she strolled in from a guest shot on "Cagney and Lacey." It was totally impossible to take anything she said seriously.

You want the power, wear the power suit.

I've wracked my brain trying to think of the president who started the open shirt casual look...I want to blame it on Carter. Him and his damn sweater, telling us to turn off the thermostat.

Comments